Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Assassin build [Level 70]

3 posters

:: Archive

Go down

Assassin build [Level 70] Empty Assassin build [Level 70]

Post  Piety Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:22 am

Yet another build, for the assassin this time.

Let's start off with telling a little bit about the assassin, and the assassins role in this game.

The assassin has quite the simple job, yet not so simple at the same time.
When you first choose assassin, of course you'll be thinking that you have great dps. But this is not right.
The assassin isn't there for an high dps, rather than this, assassin is one hell of an combo-class.

The assassin is mainly there to assist, and protect. It has the attack, Wrist Jab which makes the other person (As long as it's not a Wizard) unable to do damage without skills.

But the skills are unimportant at this point; What that is important is where you stand in the battlefield.
Your defense is similar to a warrior's defense, just a slight-bit lower. Hence, you have the lowest defense of all the melee classes. Which says only one thing; You have to lurk in the shadows (Clarity) and pop out when the opponents are already busy attacking others.
More so, you have quite some damage even though it can't compare with other classes. Your most important role, is as said, to assist. You have to assist help others kill.
You have to buff your teammates, and most importantly, you are the only class which can resurrect. Therefore, you must be careful, try to avoid getting yourself killed.

So, moving on to the skills, now that you know which role you play.

As an assassin, you have two choices when it comes to building your character. Or, scratch that. Make that 3. You have 3 different, efficient builds which you can run.

The first one, which is the pure-melee one, goes like this.

1. -Healing Amulet [8]
  2. -Wrist Jab [8]
  3. -Snap Attack [8]
  4. -Chain Assault [8]
  5. -Swooping Attack [8]
  6. -Blood Brothers [8]
  7. -Assassination [8]
  8. -Clarity [3]
  9. -Defense Amulet [1] (I'm not sure about the name of this one- It might be Holy Defense.)
  10. -Resurrect Amulet [3]
  11. -Critical Amulet [8]

The thing with this build, as stated above, is that it's 100% Melee. There is no need to switch weapons with this build, which equals that you can use Weapon Core's as you see fit.

Although, the assassin has an more.. Agile build.
This build includes weapon switching, while also makes it less agile, in one perspective nevertheless.

The second Build goes like this.

1. -Embed [7] (You just want to effect to be successful, keep it at 6 if possible)
  2. -Ignite [5] (Take it to 6 if you deem it necessary)
  3. -Chain Assault [8]
  4. -Healing Amulet [8]
  5. -Assassination [8]
  6. -Wrist Jab [8]
  7. -Blood Brother [8]
  8. -Clarity [1]
  9. -Resurrect Amulet [1]
  10. -Defense Amulet [1] (I'm not sure about the name of this one- It might be Holy Defense.)
  11. -Critical Amulet [1]
  12. -Swooping Attack [8]
  13. -Snap Attack [7]

This build allows you to run around while killing people. It allows you to easier hunt, and to easier do damage to people that hunt you.
Embed just needs it effect to be successful, and then ignite will do the damage.
It isn't really much to be said about this build. I personally don't like it very well, but it is rather efficient in PvP.

Then the third build, which is, sort of, more of an PvE Build. It's nothing worth mentioning for PvP, but the advantages of it is a low stamina cost, equals that it's more economic.

The build goes like this.
-Dual Wield [1]
-Snap Attack [8]
-Critical Amulet [8] |-v
---------------------|------> These two work EXTREMELY well together Wink
-Attack Amulet [8] |-^
-Wrist Jab [8]
-Healing Amulet [8]
-Blood Brother [8]
-Chain Assault [8] (I know this one takes A LOT of Stamina. But with Attack Amulet, and some good sword(s), the damage you do with is very good.)
-Assassination [8]
-Defense Amulet [1] (I'm not sure about the name of this one- It might be Holy Defense.)
-Clarity [4] (As always)
-Resurrect Amulet [1] (You're assist, remember?)

Well, these are the builds, that I did not develop, but that I made to my own, somewhat. I've tried them all out (Mostly) Or, at least I know their effect.
I for one, really like the PvE build. It's really nice to run. And your Stamina runs low really slow.

There's no real use talking about the skills of the assassin.
The only skill that is truly something you can start scratching your head over, is this "Assassination". It's not the best skill you'll find, but it's damage is based on percentage.
I'm not entire sure how it works. I tested it out a lot, but never defined my numbers properly.
But what I know, is that when it can be 8, or above. It is really good. It does nice damage then.
Also make sure that, if you fight a summoner, never use Assassination on the summoner! ALWAYS use it on the Saber. If the summoner doesn't have a saber, well, then you've already won.

The skill "Healing Amulet" is the one keeping you alive. It is VERY important to have easy access to it, on your hotkeys. Just remember that.

As an Assassin, you have a lot of skills. And you might get rather frustrated over the fact that you will meet the wall when it comes to placing them on your hotkeys. Especially when you do dual wield.
My recommendation, is that you put all your buffs on your third hotkey bar. (If you hold down shift, and scroll, you have easier access to it.)

And also, while I'm at it..

Your two, second most important skills next to Healing Amulet, are "Blood Brother" and "Wrist Jab".
The reason these are the second and third most important skills, are these:
Blood Brother can root, and it will if you have it at an appropriate level, that corresponds with your opponent's level.
Wrist Jab Has the debuff "Bone Breaker" or so, which makes everything that has an melee attack, hit very low with normal attack. It's very good against bosses, not as effective against mobs, but it works wonders there as well.
This skill is the best, against example summoners. If you use it on their summon (Preferably Saber) then their summon will do low damage. Although, watch out. Summoners has Absolute Antidote. (Cure all debuffs.)

All the builds of which I here have made, use all of your skill points. You won't have any left at level 70. Whether you consider that as an good or bad idea, is up to you.
You can always avoid getting one of the skills if you feel that it is unnecessary to have it, and go with the others and save your remaining Skill Points. Again, it is up to you.

I hope you NeoSteamers enjoy my builds...

Sincerely,

Piety

Last edited by Piety on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

https://cursed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Assassin build [Level 70] Empty Re: Assassin build [Level 70]

Post  Piety Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:17 am

I'll add yet another skill build here, for the assassin.. One which I intend to run.

I'll call it the ... Extremely PvP-God-Wannabe-Piety-Build.

It goes like this ...

1. Snap Attack [8]
  2. Chain Assault [8]
  3. Swooping Attack [8]
  4. Embed [8]
  5. Ignite [7]
  6. Healing Amulet [8]
  7. Wrist Jab [8]
  8. Blood Brother [8]
  9. Assassination [8]

I don't know yet, if I should keep healing amulet on 7, or have embed at 7 and then get Clarity to 1 .... I haven't decided. Need some help with this decision. 5 levels to go.

But this build.. With this build, any assassin managing to play with all these attack skills efficiently, will be a PvP God .. Have fun.
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Onds Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 am

Now, i don't know if anyone has noticed of if there's something i'm missing. I've noticed in the posted builds that the total points used are different:

Build 1:
1. -Healing Amulet [8]
2. -Wrist Jab [8]
3. -Snap Attack [8]
4. -Chain Assault [8]
5. -Swooping Attack [8]
6. -Blood Brothers [8]
7. -Assassination [8]
8. -Clarity [1]
9. -Defense Amulet [1]
10. -Resurrect Amulet [3]
11. -Critical Amulet [8]

= 69 points used

----------

Build 2:
-Dual Wield [1]
-Snap Attack [8]
-Critical Amulet [8]
-Attack Amulet [8]
-Wrist Jab [8]
-Healing Amulet [8]
-Blood Brother [8]
-Chain Assault [8]
-Assassination [8]
-Defense Amulet [1]
-Clarity [1]
-Resurrect Amulet [5]

= 72 points used

----------

Build 3:
1. -Embed [7]
2. -Ignite [5]
3. -Chain Assault [8]
4. -Healing Amulet [8]
5. -Assassination [8]
6. -Wrist Jab [8]
7. -Blood Brother [8]
8. -Clarity [1]
9. -Resurrect Amulet [1]
10. -Defense Amulet [1]
11. -Critical Amulet [2]
12. -Swooping Attack [8]
13. -Snap Attack [7]

= 72 points used

----------

Build 4:
1. Snap Attack [8]
2. Chain Assault [8]
3. Swooping Attack [8]
4. Embed [8]
5. Ignite [7]
6. Healing Amulet [8]
7. Wrist Jab [8]
8. Blood Brother [8]
9. Assassination [8]

= 71 points used

----------

Now as far as i know the gamigo level cap is level 70, while the atlus US level cap is set at 110 (which explains the point discrepancies in many of the class guides).

According to the wiki (http://neosteam.wikidot.com) you start with 2 skill points and gain 1 skill point for each level up until level 70. After 70 (ie starting at 71) you start gaining 2 skill points per level. Since the gamigo version is the only relevant one this doesn't matter for us. In other words you have 69 levels worth of 1 point each, and the starting level worth 2 points = 71 points total.

This again means that the first build has 2 unused points, build 2 & 3 has 1 point more allocated than possible and build 4 is right on the money.

Correct?

Here's the build i'm aiming for currently:

[1] Clarity
[1] Dual Wield
(2)

[8] Wrist Jab
[8] Snap Attack
[8] Chain Assault
[8] Swooping Attack
[8] Blood Brothers
[8] Assassination
(48)

[8] Attack Amulet
[4] Critical Amulet
[8] Healing Amulet
[0] Defense Amulet
[1] Resurrect Amulet
(21)

= 71

The philosophy behind the build is simple: Be the solo killer or the guy who takes out a key player in a group, and fast. It's dual wield because as i understand it fast attacks interrupt casts better than slow ones (2h).

The critical amulet is only at 4 because increasing skill level does not directly increase damage, only the duration of the buff - and as such you will do 100% crits at 1 as at 8. The default duration at skill level 1 is 8 seconds already. The main concern about critical amulet is hitting hard when all your special skills are on cooldown, as these do not auto-crit with the buff up, only autoattacks.

Defense amulet i have left at 0 since everything else is pumped into killing that 1 target hard and fast. As such you (hopefully) should not need the extra defense and hp from the buff before your target is dead.

Note: For new players such as i was a week ago as well, the self buffs in the trait pane are not listed. This because training these do not require skill points, only training points. So get them maxed as soon as possible!

- Furthermore, there seems to be weapon mastery, elemental affinity and grandmaster skills that you can train at late levels. Weapon mastery starting at level 63, elemental affinity at level 84 and grandmaster skills at level 100. You can train 10 points in weapon mastery, 5 in elemental affinity and 30 in grandmaster skills (total of 45 SP).

Since our level cap is at 70 and that these training options are probably not implemented at all in our version (perhaps weapon mastery is?) i'll just throw it out there for future reference.

- Cheers =)

Last edited by Overdrive on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged three posts into one, to avoid triple posting)
Onds
Onds
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Onds wrote:[8] Healing Amulet
[0] Defense Amulet
u might want to put one point in defense amulet and lower healing,
100 free stamina for a whole group of people is real nice

and i dont think the healing amulet 7 / 8 skills differ that much in damage and uhm
(and i usually use healing amulet right after assassination just for the immunity buff..
people will want to stun u asap and not being stunned rooted etc. helps when killing ^o^)
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Onds wrote:Now, i don't know if anyone has noticed of if there's something i'm missing. I've noticed in the posted builds that the total points used are different:

Build 1:

= 69 points used

----------

Build 2:

= 72 points used

----------

Build 3:

= 72 points used

----------

Build 4:
1. Snap Attack [8]
2. Chain Assault [8]
3. Swooping Attack [8]
4. Embed [8]
5. Ignite [7]
6. Healing Amulet [8]
7. Wrist Jab [8]
8. Blood Brother [8]
9. Assassination [8]

= 71 points used

----------

Now as far as i know the gamigo level cap is level 70, while the atlus US level cap is set at 110 (which explains the point discrepancies in many of the class guides).

According to the wiki (http://neosteam.wikidot.com) you start with 2 skill points and gain 1 skill point for each level up until level 70. After 70 (ie starting at 71) you start gaining 2 skill points per level. Since the gamigo version is the only relevant one this doesn't matter for us. In other words you have 69 levels worth of 1 point each, and the starting level worth 2 points = 71 points total.

This again means that the first build has 2 unused points, build 2 & 3 has 1 point more allocated than possible and build 4 is right on the money.

Correct?

Here's the build i'm aiming for currently:

[1] Clarity
[1] Dual Wield
(2)

[8] Wrist Jab
[8] Snap Attack
[8] Chain Assault
[8] Swooping Attack
[8] Blood Brothers
[8] Assassination
(48)

[8] Attack Amulet
[4] Critical Amulet
[8] Healing Amulet
[0] Defense Amulet
[1] Resurrect Amulet
(21)

= 71

I see, it must've been a little too late for me when I've written these, I supposed.

I guess, I'll make my changes.
And state them here.

Firstly; to the first build I need no change as it is a perfectly enhanced build that requires no further SP.
The only possible changes you'd want to make, is putting 2 more points on Clarity as that raises your running speed whilst invisible.

Second build:
2 points on Critical Amulet was probably a typo, it's supposed to be 1. That makes the build use 71 SP in total and fixes the issue in regard.

Third build:
Resurrect amulet in 5 I've put, which might look good and all, but it really is not very useful. For each level you take it up, besides 1, you'll be healing the person you resurrect with 500 more hp.
Taking it to 5 would make you heal the person of 3k HP, sure, it might be useful, but the person will die instantly if he is guarded nevertheless, which removes the reason to make it 5.
Therefore I have decided to remove 3 SP from resurrect and putting them on Clarity, again making you faster whilst in clarity. The remaining 2 SP on resurrect becomes 1 as you don't have enough SP to have 2 there.

Fourth Build:
Here as well, I have changed my mind regarding the build. This build sure might look fancy, and whatnot. But hell, I discovered myself as I was philosophizing about my skills that Healing Amulet in 8 and no resurrect or whatnot, is BAD, BAD, BAD!
So, it now looks like this;

1. Snap Attack [8]
  2. Chain Assault [8]
  3. Swooping Attack [8]
  4. Embed [8]
  5. Ignite [8]
  6. Healing Amulet [5]
  7. Wrist Jab [8]
  8. Blood Brother [8]
  9. Assassination [8]
  10. Clarity [1]
  11. Resurrect [1]

Healing Amulet is a great skill, it is made for two things; Wasting and Using!
It works such that it gives you 7 seconds immunity, which isn't very long. But in the instant of PvP, it is very useful.
Not only that, but it is just like an HP pot in level 5, and heals you of just about 1200. With level 61 accessories and trait buffs, that becomes 1.5k or so. That is some darn useful HP for PvP, hence the reason for not removing further SP on it.

Then, to your build..

[1] Clarity
[1] Dual Wield
(2)

[8] Wrist Jab
[8] Snap Attack
[8] Chain Assault
[8] Swooping Attack
[8] Blood Brothers
[8] Assassination
(48)

[8] Attack Amulet
[4] Critical Amulet
[8] Healing Amulet
[0] Defense Amulet
[1] Resurrect Amulet
(21)

Critical Amulet adds 2 more seconds to duration for each level you take it up, beyond 1. I find it quite a waste to have it higher, if you aren't planning to max it.

Attack amulet is a great skill, but only for PvE. In PvP, the skill is as near useless as it gets, unless you are fighting a non-running GC/Summoner.
Healing Amulet max is a good choice, in my opinion. But don't hesitate to lower it, as it only gains 150 higher heals for each level you bring it up. (Taking in regard that you get the new accessories and trait buffs)
When you reach level 70, you have no reason to grind whatsoever. And it is common knowledge that one 2handed weapon is far better for PvP than two 1handers. A reasoning for that you might desire as it sounds oblivious ; "How can dual wield be better for PvE and not for PvP?!"
It works so that; Dual wield hits faster, and more within a time range longer than 2 seconds, and if you have the right blades, you'll be hitting far more in a longer time than you'd hit with a 2handed weapon.
But then again, in PvP you won't have the time for standing still and hitting your opponent constantly. You'll get one hit in every now and then, and thus a 2hander will deal more damage. If you get the right 2hander, you'll have far more damage in PvP than with dual wield.

Then to the 'additional text' of your post;

It's dual wield because as i understand it fast attacks interrupt casts better than slow ones (2h).
No, simply no.
Any experienced RC or Wizard that you might have needed this against, will be having Power Shield/Staff, which renders you impossible to interrupt their casts without poison. Even with poison you'd have had trouble.. And even so, they have invisible.
A GC/Summoner would have had their saber, which makes it literally IMPOSSIBLE to interrupt them. No use trying.

Defense amulet i have left at 0 since everything else is pumped into killing that 1 target hard and fast. As such you (hopefully) should not need the extra defense and hp from the buff before your target is dead.
1 SP is a cheap price to pay for 100 Extra STA, needless to say that STA will be your biggest concern with an efficient build, and high level skills.

Furthermore, there seems to be weapon mastery, elemental affinity and grandmaster skills that you can train at late levels. Weapon mastery starting at level 63, elemental affinity at level 84 and grandmaster skills at level 100.
Weapon Mastery; there are no such thing. Not in NeoSteam EU, nor in Atlus.
Elemental Affinity and Grand Master Skills are more or less the same thing. Elemental Affinity is something you get at level 100, and the Grand Master Skills kind of correspond. Although, I doubt we will ever have Grand Master Skills are they are FAAAR to OP to have. I personally would NOT desire such skills.
Nor do I think they are in Atlus, either. I have not seen them, nor do I think I will ever see them, unless I decide to play the Taiwan, Korean or Japanese version(s).
As for the Elemental Skills, they are quite nice, or so I've heard. You have 4 different ones, all of which are weak for oneanother; one being weakest against another, + they have a pattern. You also become generally stronger against targets that do not have Elemental Affinities.

And that is all.
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Onds Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks, Piety, great writeup. Some questions/reasonings you might be able to answer:

Good point. Sounds like a bargain for 1 point.

Critical Amulet adds 2 more seconds to duration for each level you take it up, beyond 1. I find it quite a waste to have it higher, if you aren't planning to max it.
[...]
No, simply no.
Any experienced RC or Wizard that you might have needed this against, will be having Power Shield/Staff, which renders you impossible to interrupt their casts without poison. Even with poison you'd have had trouble.. And even so, they have invisible.
A GC/Summoner would have had their saber, which makes it literally IMPOSSIBLE to interrupt them. No use trying.
My main reasoning for this are runners really. I like to use blood brother aka root after the second or third skill coming out of clarity (ie when they become aware and want to run) so i can unload my skills and get the cooldown ticking as fast as possible. However, blood brother being awesome and all, it doesn't last that long while it's cooldown is rather long.

For this reason i would like to both interrupt as much as possible and hit as hard as possible while chasing a runner and waiting for blood brother to be available again. Now, I'm only 36 so far, so of course my neosteam pvp experience is limited. However, my main problem killing people has been summoners after i've eaten through the pets health and root has expired. If i allow them to get a re-summon up, well. The fight is definitely no longer in my favor. Therefore, dual wield for more hits, and longer duration critical amulet for harder auto-attack while chasing to prevent this from happening.

Regarding Power Shield I'm really sad to read about the anti interrupts. The buff description does say reduce interrupts though (http://neosteam.wikidot.com/eu-skill:power-shield), so how large is the reduction? If it's pretty much 100% i see your point perfectly. If it isn't, well then dual wield has double the chance (well, more because of the attack speed difference on top) of producing an interrupt than a 2-hander would. From what i have seen so far i haven't had trouble with pure casters though, but again my experience is limited to garden pvp so far (not many rogs in factory Sad).

And even so, they have invisible.
I don't see the relevance? What is it that i don't know here?

Weapon Mastery; there are no such thing. Not in NeoSteam EU, nor in Atlus[...]
Good to know. It's hard to figure out what is implemented in which versions when you are fairly new to the game, and the wikis do not help much in that regard Wink

Anyway, as you can see in my reasoning above my build is focused more towards a "lone single target ganker" than group hit-n-run pvp, but i need experienced people like you to correct me on wrong assumptions. Any new inputs on this?

One more thing: Regarding resurrection amulet in one of your self corrected builds, remember that a higher skill also reduces more of the xp loss on death. Ofcourse this is only relevant in PvE as you don't lose xp on a pvp death (right?).

Last edited by Overdrive on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged two posts into one, to avoid double posting)
Onds
Onds
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Onds wrote:Thanks, Piety, great writeup. Some questions/reasonings you might be able to answer:

Good point. Sounds like a bargain for 1 point.

[...]
No, simply no.
My main reasoning for this are runners really. I like to use blood brother aka root after the second or third skill coming out of clarity (ie when they become aware and want to run) so i can unload my skills and get the cooldown ticking as fast as possible. However, blood brother being awesome and all, it doesn't last that long while it's cooldown is rather long.

For this reason i would like to both interrupt as much as possible and hit as hard as possible while chasing a runner and waiting for blood brother to be available again. Now, I'm only 36 so far, so of course my neosteam pvp experience is limited. However, my main problem killing people has been summoners after i've eaten through the pets health and root has expired. If i allow them to get a re-summon up, well. The fight is definitely no longer in my favor. Therefore, dual wield for more hits, and longer duration critical amulet for harder auto-attack while chasing to prevent this from happening.

Regarding Power Shield I'm really sad to read about the anti interrupts. The buff description does say reduce interrupts though (http://neosteam.wikidot.com/eu-skill:power-shield), so how large is the reduction? If it's pretty much 100% i see your point perfectly. If it isn't, well then dual wield has double the chance (well, more because of the attack speed difference on top) of producing an interrupt than a 2-hander would. From what i have seen so far i haven't had trouble with pure casters though, but again my experience is limited to garden pvp so far (not many rogs in factory :().

And even so, they have invisible.
I don't see the relevance? What is it that i don't know here?

Weapon Mastery; there are no such thing. Not in NeoSteam EU, nor in Atlus[...]
Good to know. It's hard to figure out what is implemented in which versions when you are fairly new to the game, and the wikis do not help much in that regard ;)

Anyway, as you can see in my reasoning above my build is focused more towards a "lone single target ganker" than group hit-n-run pvp, but i need experienced people like you to correct me on wrong assumptions. Any new inputs on this?

One more thing: Regarding resurrection amulet in one of your self corrected builds, remember that a higher skill also reduces more of the xp loss on death. Ofcourse this is only relevant in PvE as you don't lose xp on a pvp death (right?).

Ze build(?)
As a level 70, doing, basically, assassinations in a row-(Just kill everyone; KAMIKAZE *cough*)-(Or just single targets ._.) then I would most likely direct you towards the last build I have presented here, as it has the highest damage an assassin build can have in level 70. (Taking in regard that your opponent is running, not standing still).. However, it does require some skill to wield it and use it perfectly, including no lag, and good practice with using many hotkeys in a short amount of time.

Also, Assassins are at disadvantage against GC/Summoners, as they are not meant to kill them, but rather people with lower defense.. (e.g: SW and RC's)
If you want to gain an advantage against GC/Summoners, then you must indeed have critical amulet as that is the only proven useful weapon against them. (Skills on summoners with their saber out does 50% damage, only. Whilst normal attacks does 100%.)
Must also point out that there aren't very many GC's in a high level, and GC's below the level of 61, when you are 70, will be of no problem.

Power Shield
If the skill itself is as high as the max, and your skills are of the same level as your opponent's Power Shield/Staff, then I believe it to be at the very least 95%, if not 100%. I have never experienced interrupting someone with it in 5, whilst my skills have been 5. But then again, I probably don't remember if I have done so in OBT, when I had poison instead of root. Hehe.

Invisible
It works so that, if they use the skill, you stop attacking and they stop taking damage, of course.
Example of usefulness; An Wiz/RC is casting an Meteor. You know you can interrupt it, so do they. Therefore, they use their invisible so they cannot be interrupted and cast it on you.
An example with a GC would be going into invisible whilst resummoning, very useful, entirely successful. (Unless poisoned, but Assassins don't have poison, so that's irrelevant to you)

Resurrection
The little amount of EXP that is restored by a high level resurrect skill, is indeed useless compared to the SP it costs. SP is the most valuable when you cannot gain no more SP. Especially when we are as limited as we are in NeoSteam EU. Therefore, I honestly don't think resurrect to 5 is worth it.
Not to mention that it won't help you whatsoever, and being selfish when it comes to SP is often a must.

Also, No, a death by something that can gain battleeffect is of no danger. The only thing it may hurt, is your pride. With that said, you might also have to run quite a bit of you die. so be careful! ;)
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Onds Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Piety wrote:
(alot of quoting stuff)

Ze build(?)
As a level 70, doing, basically, assassinations in a row-(Just kill everyone; KAMIKAZE *cough*)-(Or just single targets ._.) then I would most likely direct you towards the last build I have presented here, as it has the highest damage an assassin build can have in level 70. (Taking in regard that your opponent is running, not standing still).. However, it does require some skill to wield it and use it perfectly, including no lag, and good practice with using many hotkeys in a short amount of time.

Also, Assassins are at disadvantage against GC/Summoners, as they are not meant to kill them, but rather people with lower defense.. (e.g: SW and RC's)
If you want to gain an advantage against GC/Summoners, then you must indeed have critical amulet as that is the only proven useful weapon against them. (Skills on summoners with their saber out does 50% damage, only. Whilst normal attacks does 100%.)
Must also point out that there aren't very many GC's in a high level, and GC's below the level of 61, when you are 70, will be of no problem.

Power Shield
If the skill itself is as high as the max, and your skills are of the same level as your opponent's Power Shield/Staff, then I believe it to be at the very least 95%, if not 100%. I have never experienced interrupting someone with it in 5, whilst my skills have been 5. But then again, I probably don't remember if I have done so in OBT, when I had poison instead of root. Hehe.

Invisible
It works so that, if they use the skill, you stop attacking and they stop taking damage, of course.
Example of usefulness; An Wiz/RC is casting an Meteor. You know you can interrupt it, so do they. Therefore, they use their invisible so they cannot be interrupted and cast it on you.
An example with a GC would be going into invisible whilst resummoning, very useful, entirely successful. (Unless poisoned, but Assassins don't have poison, so that's irrelevant to you)

Resurrection
The little amount of EXP that is restored by a high level resurrect skill, is indeed useless compared to the SP it costs. SP is the most valuable when you cannot gain no more SP. Especially when we are as limited as we are in NeoSteam EU. Therefore, I honestly don't think resurrect to 5 is worth it.
Not to mention that it won't help you whatsoever, and being selfish when it comes to SP is often a must.

Also, No, a death by something that can gain battleeffect is of no danger. The only thing it may hurt, is your pride. With that said, you might also have to run quite a bit of you die. so be careful! Wink
Well, no lag is probably not going to happen with gamigo (especially annoying atm in pve when mobs don't appear until they are on top of you, even if they may be "loaded" on the minimap). As far as embed/ignite goes i'm not too fond of switching weapons in neosteam as the user interface, targeting and movement is already feeling a bit "clunky" compared to the subscription based mmo's i usually play. Hmm.

Regarding GC's. Well, so far i have learned that attacking the pet is bad as it has high defense, attacking the summoner is better because of lower defense. How high they will get on defense properly geared i have no idea about. Good to know that there aren't many high level summoners/GC's, but on the other hand hopefully it won't stay like that (aka larger playerbase) when gamigo implements the rvr map (/hope). So in the end the critical amulet and attack amulet are still mainly for good autoattacks when the pet is down (and general autoattacking when skills are on cd).

Regarding power shield: Were you using 2h or dual wield at the time? My point is that while a 2h sword is at speed 1.2 and would produce 5 hits in 6 seconds, the same setup with dual 1h (spd 1.0) swords will produce 12 hits in the same timeframe (add a bit to both with 20% atk spd). Ofcourse the really sad thing is that summon saber is a 1 second cast (OP!), but well, you get my drift.

Invisible: In other words, they can start a cast and not break the invisibility until the cast finishes? Description only mentions "You become visible if you move".

Resurrection: True, xp loss on pve death is 5% i believe, and each point spent in the skill regains 1% xp lost on death. On the other hand the corrected build you marked as a PvE build, which is why i thought a higher value might still be handy Wink
Onds
Onds
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 pm

With invisible, you become visible if you
a) Move
b) Cast a spell
c) Wait for the duration time to run out

I was using a 2hander most definitely. There were no such thing as reskilling in OBT; not even the premium item.. :D So it was making a new character. I did have 2 assassins, one with dual wield.. But I barely used it, it was only in the first 1-10 I used it I think Smile

You can switch weapons easily with example having a bow on Shift 1, and a sword on 1.
You can also target everything easier by holding down ALT whilst targeting. It might feel sticky, or even squishy at the start.. But you get used to it rather fast, and it brings forth great advantages.
And then to the moving part.
To move properly in NeoSteam, you have to combine the two moving methods (WASD + Mouse), then you won't be slowed, you can start running properly, you can get out of effects properly, you can afk run easier, you can even run laglessly, or nearly so.
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Onds Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Piety wrote:With invisible, you become visible if you
a) Move
b) Cast a spell
c) Wait for the duration time to run out

I was using a 2hander most definitely. There were no such thing as reskilling in OBT; not even the premium item.. :D So it was making a new character. I did have 2 assassins, one with dual wield.. But I barely used it, it was only in the first 1-10 I used it I think Smile

You can switch weapons easily with example having a bow on Shift 1, and a sword on 1.
You can also target everything easier by holding down ALT whilst targeting. It might feel sticky, or even squishy at the start.. But you get used to it rather fast, and it brings forth great advantages.
And then to the moving part.
To move properly in NeoSteam, you have to combine the two moving methods (WASD + Mouse), then you won't be slowed, you can start running properly, you can get out of effects properly, you can afk run easier, you can even run laglessly, or nearly so.
1) But do they get visible at the start of casting a spell or at the end? Pretty large difference Smile

2) Yeah, i figured as much. But with dual wield i would need 3 hotkeys for the weapons alone. Then add skills and then add cores, then add pots. Going to be very cramped i think (without counting).

3) Pushing control once works the same as holding down alt. Doesn't really help targetting much imho, as the hitboxes light up easy, but the actual click selection has a smaller area towards the models base (which is really annoying >.<)

4) Yeah, moving done properly and non laggy works fine i guess. I wish i had known about Lyell's innate run speed stacking with buffs so i could have gone atk spd on weapon(s) instead of the human innate atk spd.
Onds
Onds
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17 pm

1) You become visible at the end of the casting. i.e when the spell is cast, not when you begin casting it.

2) If you run a build that includes the switching of weapons, you can't use dual wield. It's simply too much of a hassle. Unless you actually manage to use 7 and above on the go, then, it might be possible..
I'd do something like ..

(n=Normal- e.g Normal 1 (just the number 1 hotkey) s=Shift)

*ROW 1*
n1 Sword
n2 Snap Attack
n3 Chain Assault
n4 Wrist Jab
n5 Swooping Attack
n6 Assassination
n7 Critical Amulet
n8 Summon Pet
n9 Clarity

*ROW 2*
s1 Bow
s2 Embed
s3 Ignite
s4 Root
s5 Healing Amulet
s6 HP Pot
s7 STA Pot
s8 A possible secondary stack of HP/STA Pots | Or Pet Food | Depends on raid or not.
s9 Mount

*ROW 3*
s1 Elerd Trait Buff
s2 Elerd Trait Buff
s3 Elerd Trait Buff
s4 Magic Tool Set
s5 Holy Defense (Defense Amulet)
s6 Attack Amulet (If you have it)
s7 Life Container
s8 Stun Resistance
s9 Resurrect

And that's 3 entire rows filled out ^_^

3) Hold down ALT and you cannot click to walk; you can only target stuff. Even if your mouse is on the other side of the screen, you just need to click down to target whichever thing is the closest to you, that can be targeted. Not the same as pushing CTRL, I believe.

4) Heh.. I wish I chose a pom.
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Onds Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Piety wrote:1) You become visible at the end of the casting. i.e when the spell is cast, not when you begin casting it.

2) If you run a build that includes the switching of weapons, you can't use dual wield. It's simply too much of a hassle. Unless you actually manage to use 7 and above on the go, then, it might be possible..
I'd do something like ..

(n=Normal- e.g Normal 1 (just the number 1 hotkey) s=Shift)

*ROW 1*
n1 Sword
n2 Snap Attack
n3 Chain Assault
n4 Wrist Jab
n5 Swooping Attack
n6 Assassination
n7 Critical Amulet
n8 Summon Pet
n9 Clarity

*ROW 2*
s1 Bow
s2 Embed
s3 Ignite
s4 Root
s5 Healing Amulet
s6 HP Pot
s7 STA Pot
s8 A possible secondary stack of HP/STA Pots | Or Pet Food | Depends on raid or not.
s9 Mount

*ROW 3*
s1 Elerd Trait Buff
s2 Elerd Trait Buff
s3 Elerd Trait Buff
s4 Magic Tool Set
s5 Holy Defense (Defense Amulet)
s6 Attack Amulet (If you have it)
s7 Life Container
s8 Stun Resistance
s9 Resurrect

And that's 3 entire rows filled out ^_^

3) Hold down ALT and you cannot click to walk; you can only target stuff. Even if your mouse is on the other side of the screen, you just need to click down to target whichever thing is the closest to you, that can be targeted. Not the same as pushing CTRL, I believe.

4) Heh.. I wish I chose a pom.
1) OP Sad Guaranteed cast QQ

2) 7 and above on the go isn't a problem, if they are not on modifiers. S7+ wont do it for me =) But it's no biggie, not going embed/ignite, at least not for a very long time since my economy couldn't even get close to the skill resets needed Wink

3) Ah, i didn't notice the no run feature of ALT. That makes a world of difference! Thanks =)
Onds
Onds
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down