Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Paladin endgame Build

:: Cursed Games :: Aika :: Aika classes :: Crusader

Go down

Paladin endgame Build Empty Paladin endgame Build

Post  Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:34 am

Well i did a lot of reading concerning pally skills, mostly when waiting open beta to actually open. And some afterwards too, and well here is a build i will try if i ever hit 50, with explanations to "why?" included. Meant for mostly tank/pve but has some skills that makes it if not good atleast annoying in PvP.

Lvl 50 Paladin Build

Tier 1 Skills:
- Shield Smash (Lvl 1/13)
- Recover (Lvl 0/12)
- Divine Strike (Lvl 1/12)
- Provoke (Lvl 9/11)
- Vanguard (Lvl MAX)
- Transference (Lvl 6/10)

Tier 2 Skills
- Challenge (Lvl 1/9)
- Perseverance (Lvl 1/8 )
- Enrage (Lvl 0/8 )
- Benediction (Lvl 0/7)
- Martyr (Lvl 0/7)
- Divine Ward (Lvl MAX)

Tier 3 Skills:
- Judgment (Lvl MAX)
- Reflect Blow (Lvl 1/5)
- Deliverance (Lvl 1/4)
- Defiance (Lvl 1/4)
- Onslaught (Lvl MAX)
- Aegis (Lvl MAX)

Or can just look at this link Build
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Well lets start with tier 1 skills...
Shield Smash: Extremely useful both PvE and PvP Stuns enemy for 3 seconds meaning you dont receive dmg but are able to dish it, also has a fairly slow cd 12 sec. At lvl 9 would get a extra second stun making it 4 sec, but dont really see it worth spending 8 skill points on.

Recover: Dont see a point for this, pvp way too slow to cast and you will probably have a cleric that can heal faster anyways. Pve might be tempted but as it has 2 sec cast means can only be cast outside battle for most of the time, and you have a lot better skills to heal yourself.

Divine Strike: Long cast time, but our only ranged attack, and our only way to slow those pesky ranged attackers so we can reach em and actually attack. Also great for pulling single monsters from a big pack. More points would slow enemy even more, but found out had better places to put those skillpoints.

Provoke: This is the skill that makes us tank dungeons even with our redicilously low dmg, what i read/heard 6 points is a minimum. I put a bit more incase of big spike dmg from DD (if i could have would have maxed).

Vanguard:We are supposed to be tanks, this skill adds defence, what more do i need to say.

Transference: I found this is a excellent skill so far atleast, especially in pve. No need to sit down just keep whacking those monsters one after another when you low on hp, pop up transference and with the life leech your back to full hp in no time. Pair this with Onslaught or Judgement and any mob will find it a pain in the ass to kill you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Tier 2 Skills:

Challenge: For those monsters that miss provoke, or who are just too intrested in the cute Cleric.

Perseverance: 1 skill point reduces damage 30% from the next 3 attacks and cd 12 seconds, sounds like a good investment of 1 point. Can go up to 50% with 8 points in it, but a extra 3% per skillpoint used seems like a bit of a waste.

Enrage: If you have high enough provoke this skill turns pretty useless, since you should be able to spam it to keep the mob intrested in you.

Benediction: Err... for every skill point you spend you get 65 hp and 45 mp, does not sound like a plan to me.

Martyr: Could put 1 point in this for PvP reasons, cast it on a cleric or warlock to keep them alive a bit longer but i decided not to.

Divine Ward: Now this is one mean PvP skill if used properly, with 6 points you are able to completely block the next 7 attacks on you, meaning no dmg no status effects. Cast it in the middle of battle and the enemy will waste skills on you that could be better used to deal dmg. Unfortunately with a 5min Cd makes it pretty useless outside PvP, maybe casting before dungeon boss, giving those 30 first sec for the team to settle down.

Tier 3 Skills:

Judgement: Our only real aoe skill, with also a nasty silence debuff for pvp. If you want to mob on your own id put as many points in this as possible

Reflect Blow: Another mean skill for PvP, with one point in it, return 100% of the damage for one attack. With a bit of practice should be able to notice a big dmg skill coming your way, hit this with 0 sec cast time and let them taste a bit of their own medicine. 20 sec cd aint that long either. However with every point after 1 spent it adds only 10% to the dmg so i'd keep it with 1 skill point.

Deliverance: Consumes all of your mana to recover your target's HP by 100% of the consumed mana. Sounds like a life saver.

Defiance: Increases resistance to abnormal status ailments by 37 for 30 seconds. Also increases threat by 50%. Stack this with water prans already passive skill to resist abnormal status makes you one hard nut to get any sort of status on.

Onslaught: Another must skill for mobbing, makes each of your attacks deal splash dmg + increases base dmg. Making our fairly fast auto-attack deal more dmg and a AOE, yes please.

Aegis:3 skill points gets you, Increases physical defense by 1243 and magical defense by 977 Adds HP recovery of 100 every 2 seconds. Lasts for 40 seconds. Cough Cough, were a tank class we need defence and this skill deliveres that, 1.2k def for 40 seconds sounds like you wont die that fast.

Well thats it, when i started making a pally build i was thinking its just going to be another tank build, stack it a few crucial skills and be done with it. But was suprised that we actually have a ton of onepoint wonders, especially in third tier.

Any suggestions/commets are welcome, ill ponder on them and maybe make adjustments.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down