Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Wizard Build [Level 70]

4 posters

:: Archive

Go down

Wizard Build [Level 70] Empty Wizard Build [Level 70]

Post  Piety Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Wizards are, and always will be, PvP'ers in the end.

Wizards do massive damage, and have low armor. Like all mage's.
But wizards has nothing to protect themselves with against multiply enemies.

Although, wizard's can be rather good in PvP, even against masses.

As a wizard, you can constantly keep a person knocked down. He can't do anything against you.
You can also slow them down so they can't reach you. And while they attempt to reach you, you can perform your MASSIVE damage on them.

So, the Wizard build is rather easy to comprehend, and write, compared to the summoner.
I'll just put it quite direct.

The wizard is so that it MUST have the skills maxed, or else they might fail. A lot.
They only have 2 skills which they don't really NEED to max. (Patch up, Power Staff.)
As becoming level 70 takes a lot of grinding, you'll probably have Fire Wall. You have the choice to choose between Fire Wall, and Liquid Blade.
The Advantage with Liquid Blade compared to Fire Wall, is that it does relatively more damage compared to time. Again, the disadvantage for it, is that it has extremely short range. This is not good when you have people on your neck, you slow them and kill them whilst they are trying to kill you.

Then on the other side, we have Fire Wall . Fire Wall has a little less damage. Well, compared to time anyhow. Compared to Liquid Blade.
Though, Fire Wall is a Long-Range attack and can be used-, and is very- efficient, in PvP.

The thing with Fire Wall And Liquid Blade is kind of funny. They are supposed to have the same damage. Liquid Blade being twice as strong as Fire Wall with double the casting time.
Fire Wall > 1Sec Casting Time
Liquid Blade > 2Sec Casting Time

BUT, NeoSteam doesn't work like that. It takes another, approximately, 0.5Secs after you cast before you can cast again, which makes Liquid Blade faster compared to the damage, than Fire Wall.

Nevertheless, onto the skills!

1. Fire Wall / Liquid Blade [8]
  2. Power Shield [7]
  3. Mind Drain [8]
  4. Flame Cyclone [8]
  5. Meteor [8]
  6. Stun [8]
  7. Slow [8]
  8. Poison [8]
  9. Sleep [7]
  10. Invisible [1]

And these are all your 71 Skill Points, Used up already.

I'll tell a little about every skill....

First, we have Power Shield.
This skill is a need for any Wizard. It prevents that you (The wizard) gets interrupted by whatever that is damaging you.
Then you might start thinking.. "Isn't it better to have Power Shield in 1-4 then?"
No. It isn't. The reason you should max it, is if you don't, mobs your level will interrupt you. E.g: Poison level 8 will constantly interrupt you.
That's why you should have it as high level as possible.

Secondly, we have Mind Drain.
There isn't much to say about Mind Drain, besides that it's Pure Epic-Ownage!
It roots mobs in PvE if it's good enough, and the mobs bad enough.
It doesn't do this in PvP, but it's the only Instant Cast skill that the Wizard has!
It also does sweet damage. Although, it's not as high damage as neither Cyclone, nor Meteor.

Thirdly, we have the Flame Cyclone.
This skill is very good. It's AoE, meaning it can hit up to 5 Things at a time.
It only has a 20 second cooldown, and it does approximately 1300-1400 damage depending on the Skill Upgrade on your staff.
That's not the only ++ with it though. Flame Cyclone also slows the enemy down for 9-11 seconds.

Fourthly, and lastly for now, we have the Meteor.
The Meteor is the strongest attack in the game.
The damage on it is HUGE. Only in level 5, it can hit up to 6400 on mobs, and 4300 on players! (That is, if they are 31+).
Despite it's epicness, it has a 5 second casting time. Therefore, you'll need to throw a stun at whatever your attacking, to make this hit impossible to avoid for your opponent.

Now, enjoy my build, Neosteamers!

Piety

Last edited by Piety on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

https://cursed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wizard Build [Level 70] Empty Re: Wizard Build [Level 70]

Post  Overdrive Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 pm

i'll have to disagree with something.
Get slow on lvl 7 and invisibility on lvl 1.
Invisibility is a MUST for wizards, in my opinion it is as important as power ..something buff.

Invisibility is very useful. You can cast meteor when you're invisible. It's a lot more safe in huge, crowded wars. Stun only targets one person, and a lot of people use anti stun cores. If you're invisible, you can cast meteor in peace, and no one will see the flaming effect under their characters while you're casting it. tough, if the enemy is poisoned, the invisibility will run off when the poison deals damage.
Overdrive
Overdrive
Administrator
Leader
AdministratorLeader

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:29 am

I actually think power shield isnt that important when youve got liquid blade, as that cant be interrupted antway, and sleep / cursed mind / slow are instant cast so no power shield needed for those, and stun is cast quick

and glacier/meteor can be cast while invisible

saves you some SP :pirat:
(ofcourse theres flame cyclone tornado but getting power shield for just that is kindof useless)
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Overdrive Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:35 am

Skillless wrote:I actually think power shield isnt that important when youve got liquid blade, as that cant be interrupted antway, and sleep / cursed mind / slow are instant cast so no power shield needed for those, and stun is cast quick

(ofcourse theres flame cyclone tornado but getting power shield for just that is kindof useless)

ever tried to stun some melee class when your slow is on cooldown without power shield? you can't. Even with 1s casting time, EVERY SINGLE hit cancells you.
Overdrive
Overdrive
Administrator
Leader
AdministratorLeader

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 am

Overdrive wrote:ever tried to stun some melee class when your slow is on cooldown without power shield? you can't. Even with 1s casting time, EVERY SINGLE hit cancells you.

Sleep =D
or Slow and move back a bit
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 am

Skillless wrote:I actually think power shield isnt that important when youve got liquid blade, as that cant be interrupted antway, and sleep / cursed mind / slow are instant cast so no power shield needed for those, and stun is cast quick

I beg to differ. You might end up in a fight with some random RC, which is inevitable. There are some of those after all. And in these fights, if the RC is skilled, then you have no way to cast your Meteor/Glacier, or other spells, on him/her, if s/he already threw poison on you first. The fight has already been won then.

In OBT, the most skilled RC of rogwel (Foxe) Always complained about her Power Shield (Power Staff in rogwel) not being maxed. Hence, it is very important. And you will regret, bigtime, if you don't get it.
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

https://cursed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:47 am

Piety wrote:I beg to differ. You might end up in a fight with some random RC, which is inevitable. There are some of those after all. And in these fights, if the RC is skilled, then you have no way to cast your Meteor/Glacier, or other spells, on him/her, if s/he already threw poison on you first. The fight has already been won then.

In OBT, the most skilled RC of rogwel (Foxe) Always complained about her Power Shield (Power Staff in rogwel) not being maxed. Hence, it is very important. And you will regret, bigtime, if you don't get it.
ah yes, damage over time ;______;
(but ull still have liquid blade and the instant casts ;p)
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Overdrive Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 am

Skillless wrote:
Piety wrote:I beg to differ. You might end up in a fight with some random RC, which is inevitable. There are some of those after all. And in these fights, if the RC is skilled, then you have no way to cast your Meteor/Glacier, or other spells, on him/her, if s/he already threw poison on you first. The fight has already been won then.

ah yes, damage over time ;______;
(but ull still have liquid blade and the instant casts ;p)

you loose with that pal. It's close range, the wiz can slow you down and hit n run :3
Overdrive
Overdrive
Administrator
Leader
AdministratorLeader

Back to top Go down

Post  Crono Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:43 am

u cant go invisible to use meteor if ur poisoned = fail!
u can use meteor while poisoned with maxed power shield and meteor is the strongest attack of the wizard so = win
Crono
Crono
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:37 pm

1. long long sleep spell
2. wait until poison is over
3. ??????
4. profit
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Overdrive Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm

well neosteam is about rvr wars, battlefields and raids. sleep sucks on a group party, because your target will allways get hit by other players or by aoes, making the sleep run out and giving them a free 20s debuff imunitty. sleep is usefull, but power shield is way more usefull in my opinion. you can't do crap if you're poisoned and if you don't have power shield.
Overdrive
Overdrive
Administrator
Leader
AdministratorLeader

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Overdrive wrote:well neosteam is about rvr wars, battlefields and raids. sleep sucks on a group party, because your target will allways get hit by other players or by aoes, making the sleep run out and giving them a free 20s debuff imunitty. sleep is usefull, but power shield is way more usefull in my opinion. you can't do crap if you're poisoned and if you don't have power shield.

yep

also

Piety wrote:Fire Wall > 1Sec Casting Time
Liquid Blade > 2Sec Casting Time

liquid blade has a casting time of 1 second, and the "1 second" cooldown is (almost, but certainly less than 0.5 secs) the same as "no cooldown", wich fire wall has
(basically fire wall speed = liquid blade speed)
but ice tendril / fire wall is good to train with, and has a longer range =P
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:42 am

Against a wizard/RC best damage skill is poison..since more int your opponent has, more damage he is gonna take..but for me, other rc or wiz is nowhere skilled as i am, so i dont use poison..my pals over here can always take care of them and heal me.. i take down other classes first and if some rc bothers me or our healers then i go on him..a rc always pain in the ass, and he is more of a pain if fight is in rogwel..(long range disables with infinite spawn)
and from experience, power staff needs to be maxed.. i was one of the guys who thought lvl1 is enough but i was proven wrong^^.. dont spend any points in patch up, trust your healers.. fire wall> liq blade..
now most important advice is coming..Dont play NS goddamit!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down