Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Anti-tank tank

Go down

Anti-tank tank Empty Anti-tank tank

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Heh had a fun time lately with a new champion, Amumu, The Sad Mummy. He can be pretty much made how you want, even as a caster. But the most fun i have had with him is as a "anti tank" tank. Razz

Masteries
I have gone for defensive tree all the way. So far got just 21 points so might go for ultility tree once i get a few lvls more, but this is what i have so far.

Anti-tank tank Defensetree

Well its a pretty basic keep me alive as long as possible tree. Only thing that might be suprising is cleanse cd reduction, but since i use this as a chase, stay close, get away, debuff tool, it helps to have it cd reduced.

Runes
I am still trying to get enough ip to get, but here is a outline what i was thinking.
-Marks: Magic penetration (yes you will be a tank but you will be dealing dmg in magic form purely and getting AP is not really a option through items so this will help you dish out a bit more).
-Seals: Not really a big diffrence here, but i will be going for flat HP seals, not a big diffrence but helps survivability in the start before you start accumulating items.
-Glyphs: ½ of them flat mp recovery and the other ½ mp recovery per lvl. Trust me you will have mp issues every now and then during the game and this will help you a lot.
-Quints: Really up to you, whatever you feel lacking id go for that.

Items
Now this is where the magic happens with Amumu, with a neat item build you will be dishing dmg out in a nice steady pace whilst taking minimal damage yourself.

Anti-tank tank Rejuvenation-bead
Usually start of with rejuvenation bead and a few pots to keep you in lane longer.
And try to get either boots or Wardens mail first trip home

Anti-tank tank Wardens-mail

Anti-tank tank Ninja-tabi or Anti-tank tank Mercurys-treads or Anti-tank tank Boots-of-swiftness
This really depends on your opposing team, heavy cc/ casters try to go for merc threads, heavy physical try for ninja tabi, have problems staying close to runners go for boots of swiftness.

Anti-tank tank Sunfire-cape Or Anti-tank tank Banshees-veil
Go for Banshee veil first if you have a hard time of surviving or are against a caster heavy team, if not try to build sunfire as fast as possible. After completing both of these go for a second sunfire.

Anti-tank tank Guardian-angel or Anti-tank tank Randuins-omen
Guardian angel is a survival item for team battles, you will be a hell to kill already and this just makes it even worse for their team. However they rarely tend to think your that big a threat, or just pure cant kill you even with concentrated fire. This is when i go for Raduin's Omen nothing is more fun then popping ultimate, if they try to run after it, pop up active on raduins and you will have no problem keeping up and taking them down with sufire capes + despair. I mean come on, first you root em for 2.5sec then pop out raduin and slow them for another 3-3.5 secs. thats dealing 2-3k dmg for every hero who is close enough to you not counting the fact that you are actually hitting them too.

After this go for what you feel, i usually go for a third sunfire just for the fun of dealing dmg.

Now you might be asking how exactly will i be dealing dmg?

Skills
Cursed Touch
Amumu's attacks reduce the target's magic resistance by 20/30/40 for 5 seconds.

This is your passive, and it is massive. Not only do you help any caster in your team to burst insane amounts on whoever you target, and make sure they go for that person also. This makes any tank dumb enough to try and take you 1v1 a dead tank when you are wearing 2-3 sunfires dealing constant magic damage on them as well as your abilities. Also when you stack it with mp runes, they need to get tons of magic resist to have any effect vs your skills.

Bandage Toss
Throws a bandage to target location. If it hits an enemy unit, Amumu will pull himself to the enemy, stun them, and deal 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+100% of ability power) magic damage. ooldown 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds | Cost 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 mana | Range 1100

This is your skillshot. You will mostly be using it to initiate team fights, chase, and the occasional rare escape. Pretty much the same as blizcranks but instead you get inside the opposing team and start wrecking havoc and let your team come after you and wipe the floor with what scraps you leave for them to kill.

Despair
Toggle: Nearby enemies are drained by 2.3 / 2.6 / 2.9 / 3.2 / 3.5 (+0.5% of ability power)% of their maximum health each second. Cooldown 1 seconds | Cost 10 mana per sec | Range 300

Have a ghoghat feasting to get masses of hp? Some tank is dumb enough to go for hp items against you? Just stand next to them start crying and see their hp being drained away with this + sunfires. Usually when they notice they wont win its too late, you will have them already.

Tantrum
Passive: Amumu takes 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 reduced damage from physical attacks.
Active: Amumu deals 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 / 175 (+50% of ability power) magic damage to surrounding units. Each time Amumu is hit, the cooldown on Tantrum is reduced by 1 second.
Cooldown 21 / 18 / 15 / 12 / 9 seconds | Cost 50 mana | Range 400

Your farming + spike tool. Granted it does not spike really, but use this to farm whenver possible. You will need all that money if you want to get those pretty glittery capes that deal dmg. Also vs a minion wave, you can use it almost nonstop since once they start hitting you your cd goes faster then you can say cat.

Curse of the Sad Mummy
Amumu entangles surrounding enemy units, causing them to be unable to move or attack for 2.5 seconds, dealing 50 / 100 / 150 (+35% of ability power) magic damage to them each second.
Cooldown 170 / 150 / 130 seconds | Cost 100 / 150 / 200 mana | Range 600

Soo you just banadage tossed yourself in the middle of 5 enemy members and your team is about 1 sec behind you. No problem just pop out Despair + Tantrum when they start hitting you, your team is coming and they want to run. Noo we cant have that, can we? Curse them and see your team come in whack at useless enemies for 2 seconds.
Especially deadly when paired with nasty Aoe ultimates. Raped a entire team with flashing in popping this + despair + tantrum just to be followed by a fiddle hop in with his ultimate. Was a hilarious, 2 manning their team. Razz

Play style:

Early game: Well you wont be dealing really any dmg, paired with a good partner you can go for kills with bandage toss. But most likely you will just run out of mana. The good thing is if you pay conservative with regrowth pendant it is pretty hard for their team to kill you outright. If you can try to pic a caster as a laning partner, since they have big spike damage in start and with your passive skill that just increases.

Mid game: This is where you will end up getting killed mostly, you are still semi squishy. So your job is to initate ganks, then pop cleanse/flash/whatever you need to escape with your hide intact. Hope you get a assist or two to help you with items, whenver you can farm creep waves for money.

Late game: This is where you shine, anyone close to you gets burned BAD. Agreed you dont have insane spike, but with a bunch of hp items it will take a LOONG time for the enemy team to kill you, and every second they are next to you they take masses of dmg. Your natural dmg dealing will outdps your spike at this point. 3x sunfire = 3x40 magic dmg, most of the time after 1-2 hits you have more magic pen then they have ress so you will be dealing EVEN more with them, now combine this with 3.5% of their health each second. You will be dealing anywhere from 300-600 dps with just standing close to them.

Things to note: As soon as you can get Golem buff GET IT, despair is your cookie cutter vs most heroes, but it will drain your mana extremely fast, with golem you can keep it up almost non stop. And since i dropped phiolosephers stone out, this is even more important. If you dont have golem buff go kill a golem, always. Dont matter if its your or their golem.

Think it was my 5th game with Amumu and i managed this.
Anti-tank tank Untitled-4

The only problem i had during that game that it was utterly useless for me to try and destroy any building on my own. I tanked 3 towers in a row but needed someone to deal the dmg since sunfire and despair do nothing vs buildings.

Any comments/pointers always welcome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum