Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Smith Skill Build [Level 70]

4 posters

:: Archive

Go down

Smith Skill Build [Level 70] Empty Smith Skill Build [Level 70]

Post  Piety Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm

As everyone (should) know, the Smith is a melee class. But that doesn't mean it can't be ranged, at all.

So, for a second time at the very least, let's talk about the smith's role in PvP.
The smith is a very balanced class, with high HP, high Defense as well as Good DPS!
The thing with smiths is that they don't have any good 'instant' damage. Meaning, in one go, a good Smith can deal ~5k damage. (Without any core's.)
So, therefore, a smith must be patient while killing. Smith's are very good in PvP, if you play them right.
They can stand where ever they want, in my opinion. Although, the front row for extra many kills might not sound like an bad idea.

The Smith, Skill Build
This is the build that focuses the MOST on PvP, and DPS.

1. Devil Blade [8]
  2. Chain Assault [8]
  3. Snap Attack [8]
  4. Red Powder [8]
  5. Siege Weapon [8] (Self Attack-Buff)
  6. Broken Weapon [8]
  7. Poison Spawn [8]
  8. Defending Soul [1]
  9. Greater Meditation Shield [6]
  10. Cure Spawn [8] (If Ravaging Shot on smiths ever gain their Stun again, switch this skill with Ravaging Shot.)

I'm sorry, but for now I won't be making more than one build for the smith. I would have made more, if I felt more ... inspired, to do so. But really, the other skill builds for the smiths are so self explanatory; You just switch some of the skills with the other good skills. Lol.
Example: If you want an crafting smith that also can PvP to some degree, then you remove Snap Attack, and Poison Spawn for Hammering and disassembling.

Well, enough with that. Regarding the skills of the smith...

First, we have the skill "Devil Blade". This skill, is possibly the most important skill for a smith. It's like, in the essence of owning, you always have Devil Blade somewhere.
It has a short CoolDown, as well as the skill-effect penetrating "Immunity". Nor does it cause Immunity.
The skill effect of "Devil Blade" Is that of a "Skill Lock" Where no skills can be used. (E.g: Summoners can't heal, wizard's can't do damage, etc.)
It is a must, for every smith.

Secondly, we have their "Red Powder". This skill, is also very important. Not so super-important for PvP, but for grinding it's an essential thing to have. It has unlimited target's, as it is AoE. The Effect (Poison, AoE DoT) jumps from mobs to mobs. So if you were unlucky with the first shot, and only got 4 mobs with the effect, then lure some more mobs into the affected mobs and the new mobs will be affected as well.
It works like this in PvP As well.

Thirdly, we have the the smith's "Great Meditation Shield".
This skill is very good to have. Whenever you're hit, some of the damage will be reflected upon your enemy, the person that did damage to you.
Depending on the level of the skill, the higher, or more, damage, is reflected. (E.g: In level 5, it reflects/deals up to 100 damage.)
I'm not that great at making builds for Smith's, or so I've heard. But I like my builds, a lot.
It's not an important skill, but it is very useful to have at times. You will appreciate the extra Damage.

Fourthly, we have the smith's "Siege Weapon"
This skill, is very useful as it gives a ton of attack. It's an Self-Buff-only. Meaning, you can't buff others. Yet, you'll enjoy the sheer power of it. Having an high attack is nice Smile

Fifthly, we have the smith's "Defending Soul"
This skill might be more useful than I know, so it might be so that you want to drop a skill to max it out. But, that is none of my decision. For me, It's best to have it at 1. It can still block an entire Meteor from a Wizard.
Very useful, is a must in PvP.

Sixthly, we have the smith's "Broken Weapon"
This skill is very useful. It's the same as the Assassin's "Wrist Jab"
Copied from the Assassin build:
Wrist Jab Has the debuff "Bone Breaker" or so, which makes everything that has an melee attack, hit very low with normal attack. It's very good against bosses, not as effective against mobs, but it works wonders there as well. It's a must in PvP.
This skill is the best, against example summoners. If you use it on their summon (Preferably Saber) then their summon will do low damage. Although, watch out. Summoners has Absolute Antidote. (Cure all debuffs.)

That's it for this build... Enjoy you gaming, NeoSteamers

Piety
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

https://cursed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Smith Skill Build [Level 70] Empty Re: Smith Skill Build [Level 70]

Post  Skillless Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 pm

you might want to have defending soul on level 3, because the cooldown is 40 seconds, and on level 3 the duration is 44 seconds, wich means you can cast it again before it runs out.

alot of people will try to wait for it to run out, and when they see they cant wait for it, theyll hit you once with a normal blow, and thats when you do devil blade so they cant use skills :3

ofcourse, it doesnt work as goon on ranged classes as it does on melee, but devil blade is ranged, so you will always be the first one to use all your skills in 1 on 1

unless, the opponent has defending soul level 3, but thats what poison spawn is for
or if the opponent is a smart rune caster / wizard ;p

(and dont forget to broken weapon before devil blade debuff runs out!)
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Skillless wrote:you might want to have defending soul on level 3, because the cooldown is 40 seconds, and on level 3 the duration is 44 seconds, wich means you can cast it again before it runs out.

alot of people will try to wait for it to run out, and when they see they cant wait for it, theyll hit you once with a normal blow, and thats when you do devil blade so they cant use skills :3
I beg to differ that it should be taken to 3. It's a waste of SP as a first, and secondly. You don't use your defending soul BEFORE a fight starts. You use it IN the fight to avoid the most hardcore attacks.
Example: If you use it BEFORE a match, anyone can simply use normal attacks, or useless attacks to remove it then use their hardcore stuff. But if you use it WHILST FIGHTING then it comes at an unexpected moment and the other person wastes his good shit.

That's how Defending Soul should be used. Not Before, but in the action ;p
Piety
Piety
Forum Founder
Master
Forum FounderMaster

https://cursed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skillless Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Piety wrote:I beg to differ that it should be taken to 3.
That's how Defending Soul should be used. Not Before, but in the action ;p
So if a weapon master comes running at you and you bet your ass the first attack is going to be mace of doom, followed by some hard hitting skills and then a weapon core while youre in stun
you dont use defending soul? lel.

ofcourse you can devil blade but the combo will come right after

and sure you can use it as a combo breaker but alot of people start with stun skills to make sure they can fully do their combo of skills

Example: If you use it BEFORE a match, anyone can simply use normal attacks, or useless attacks to remove it then use their hardcore stuff.
use devil blade when the normal attack is done.... ._______.
Skillless
Skillless
Epic Forum Hero!
Epic Forum Hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  Overdrive Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:28 pm

lol, smith against a wm is easy stuff.
devil blade and wait ~3 or 4 seconds. The wm will panic, because it's low defence will get him on low hp and the first thing that he will do WILL be a MoD, so that the smith gets stunned and the wm heals.
^ use defending soul 3~4 seconds or 5 if you can time it correcly to defend a MoD.
I usually save my defending soul to when i know that i'm being hit by a hardcore move that came out of desperation. and it does work. i remember blocking SO many mods, and lol'd at the failed glaciers with my pally.
Overdrive
Overdrive
Administrator
Leader
AdministratorLeader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 am

wat they said in a nutshell lol perfect build... however i like cure find it very useful i'd suggest it all the time... hmm not to sure about defending soul any higher than 1 it blocks the attacks i need
Jeremiah
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down